Copyright and use of content © All contents of this website are copyright, the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority (‘the Authority’), unless otherwise stated.* No content may be copied or reproduced without the express permission of the Authority. For enquiries on the use of any of the items on this site, including text, photographs, logos or other images, please contact us via email@example.com
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data UKAEA (referred to in this document as ‘we’) collect from you and how we use it. We encourage you to read the summaries below.
The Identity and contact details of UKAEA and our Data Protection Officer:
UKAEA will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We have an inhouse Data Protection Officer and they can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Why we are collecting your personal data:
UKAEA collects data to operate effectively and for the legitimate interests of its business. We may ask you to provide personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you for your safety and security.
Personally identifiable information may include name, identification number, location data or online identifier but can also mean any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified.
We may need to process your data under one of the following lawful bases for processing:
- We have obtained consent from the individual to process their data for a specific purpose.
- Processing data is necessary for a contract we have with an individual, or because they have asked us to take specific actions before entering a contract.
- The processing is necessary to comply with the law.
- The processing is in vital interests of someone’s life.
- The processing is necessary for us to perform a task in public interest or for our official functions.
- The processing is in accordance with the legitimate interests.
Categories of personal data:
Personal data means data which relates to a living individual who can be identified by –
- A name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to that person.
- From the data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, the data controller (UKAEA).
- And includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or any other person in respect of the individual.
Sensitive personal data:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Genetic data, biometric data
- Data concerning health
- Data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation
Transfers of data to third countries and safeguards:
We will not transfer your data to other counties or share with a third party without your prior explicit consent
The data we are collecting is your personal data, and you have considerable say over what happens to it. You have the right:
- To see what data we have about you.
- To ask us to stop using your data, but keep it on record, unless it is being used in the legitimate interests of our business
- To have all or some of your data deleted or corrected where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- To reuse your own personal data that we have collected.
- To access your data and supplementary information.
- To not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- To lodge a complaint with the independent Information Commissioner (ICO) if you think we are not handling your data fairly or in accordance with the law. You can contact the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/, or telephone 0303 123 1113.
We may ask for your explicit consent to the processing of your data. If so, you do have the right to withdraw that consent should you no longer wish your data to be processed where there is a genuine reason to do so.
You will have been asked to explicitly ‘opt in’ and will be able to use that same facility to ‘opt out’. You may be asked for this should we need to process any sensitive personal data.
Basis of access to this website
The basis on which you are entitled to access the UKAEA Culham Campus website is set out below. These terms may be changed from time to time. Your access to and use of the site will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms.
The UKAEA Culham Campus web pages contain a selection of material concerning the Authority, associated organisations and companies. The material is for information only. The Authority may at any time alter the contents of the pages on the website; and / or refer the reader to other sites on the World Wide Web; and / or remove pages from, or add pages to this website.
The Authority does not make any representations or give any warranties, (express or implied), about the information provided through this website, including any hypertext links or any other items used either directly or indirectly from the UKAEA Culham Campus website. The Authority does not accept any responsibility for enabling the reader to link to another site in the World Wide Web or for any other site.
The Authority does not represent that the information contained on this website is accurate, comprehensive, verified or complete, and shall have no liability for the accuracy of the information contained in the website or for delays or omissions therein or for any reliance placed on the information or use made of it, by any person.
The Authority shall not be liable for any claims or losses of any nature, arising indirectly or directly from use of the information on the UKAEA Culham Campus website or otherwise howsoever arising (except to the extent required by law).
The reader must be satisfied that they may lawfully access the UKAEA Culham Campus website, read the pages and / or act upon the material contained in the pages. The Authority accepts no responsibility for unauthorised access or actions of the reader in respect of these or other matters.
A cookie is a small file that we store on your computer. This site only uses (and stores) non-essential cookies on your computer if you provide your consent.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why:
Types of Cookies we use
Manage cookie preferencesCookie Settings
You may delete and block all cookies from UKAEA sites, but parts of the sites will not work. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
*Images on this website are copyright UKAEA apart from those used courtesy of: EUROfusion, ITER Organization, Monty Rakusen and SMD Photography.